Following the latest in TV, movies and sports entertainment while managing to take time out for some old school favorites!
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
To Infinity and Beyond
My movie watching extraganza continues. One morning I made Jayme watch Toy Story 3 with me. I had seen it in theatres but I knew Jayme had not seen it and I knew she just had to watch it. When I first heard the premise of the toys getting donated to a daycare I was really worried about the movie, wondering if the writers were just pulling on straws to get a new movie out, but oh was I wrong.
The movie begins with a slideshow of what happened in Andy’s life to get us to the point in the movie that he was going to go to college. Yes, the kid that was just having a childhood birthday party in the first movie was going to college. Andy’s mom tells him that it is time for him to clean out his room and has to decide whether the stuff in his room goes in the attic, goes to college with him, goes in the trash and what gets donated. When Andy finally reached the toy box he begins to put all of his toys in a trash bag all besides Woody, who gets put in a box to go to college. When Andy goes to put the bag in the attic his sister Molly begins to have trouble with boxes that she is carrying downstairs so Andy goes to help her leaving the bag behind. Andy’s mom mistakes the bag for trash and puts in on the curb. The toys and Woody begin to panic. Woody goes to try to help his friends escape. Thanks to Rex’s tail the toys are free. Believing that Andy does not want them anymore and that they were destined for the landfill Buzz, Potato Head, Ham, Rex and the rest of the gang decide they should go start a new life at daycare. Woody tries to tell them that Andy was not going to throw them away but the toys do not believe him. While disputing Andy’s mom gets in the car and drives to the daycare. Once at the daycare they meet all the other toys who have been at the daycare. These new toys try to show them the ropes of the daycare and show them all the perks of being there telling them that it is a dream land for toys because they get played with all time. Andy’s toys come to find out they they are not made for daycare and long to be back with Andy even if that does mean sitting in the attic. So in typical Toy Story fashion they toys begin on their journey back home. Like all of the other Toy Story movies the writers know how to pull at your heartstrings and make you feel the story. I usually do not cry when I watch movies but I do admit I cried twice when watching the movie. I was just happy that the first time that I saw the movie in theatres I had my 3D glasses on to hide my tears. But the movie will get you every time that you see it I again teared up when I watched it with Jayme. I highly recommend Toy Story 3. If you have not seen any of the Toy Story go now and rent them you will not regret it. I do have to say after watching Toy Story I feel guilty about my own toys that I had when I was a child, wondering if they feel like they are abandoned since I have grown up. I can see why people are hoarders. Anyways check out Toy Story 3 you will love it.
~Emily
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment