As I said before I spent my week off enjoying movies with my best friend Jayme watching all of these moives. We have been friends since the 7th grade. I do not know how we have put up with each other this long but we have.
Enough about us, the next moive that we watched was Easy A. Jayme wanted to share her thoughts about the movie. So enjoy her guest blog post.
"Like many of you, when I was not Christmas shopping, at family gatherings or baking every possible holiday treat known to man, I spent the rest of my holiday in front of the television watching movie after movie. I’m sure Emily has given you the rundown of all the movies watched by her and myself, but I’m here to talk specifically about one of the best romantic comedies since “10 Things I Hate About You.” Our generation’s “Sixteen Candles” or “Pretty in Pink.”
Easy A
Now I’m not making the drastic statement that Emma Stone, who plays our fiery heroine, Olive, is the new Molly Ringwald. However, this retelling of the “Scarlet Letter” knows exactly what it is without being your typical run-of-the-mill teen movie. Witty, smart and fun.
Standout performances go to Stanley Tucci and Patricia Clarkson, who plays Emma Stone’s (Olive’s) parents, Dill and Rosemary. Not the most conventional of parents, they truly conveyed support, concern and a parent’s love for a child without being overbearing or sappy, but with humor and levity.
A movie about one sassy virgin who gets a bit too caught up in her newly tainted reputation, judgmental Jesus freaks, eccentric parents and high school kids just trying to fit in, this movie is not only entertaining but also heart-warming. So if you are looking for a good laugh in 2011, look to one of the best all-round, feel-good films of 2010.
Well thanks for reading and now back to Emily"

No comments:
Post a Comment