Thursday, January 6, 2011

Movie week continues

After our day at the movie theatre seeing Black Swan we stayed in the next day and rented moives. We next rented Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps



Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps is the sequel to the first Wall Street. It begins with Gordon Gekko (Michael Douglas) getting out of jail. At the same time you are following the story of Jake Moore (Shia LaBeouf). He is a Wall Street business man. The movie follows him and his struggle to make it big in the stock market. Jake tries to balance his working life and personal life with girlfriend, Winnie (Carey Mulligan), who you find out is Gordon Gekko’s daughter. When Jake’s company begins to fail, he uses his now fiancĂ©e to get help from Gekko to be able to learn from him. Gekko accepts but then uses Jake for his own agenda.
I was quite excited about this movie since I am a Shia LaBeouf fan, but overall this movie was a disappointment. The movie followed a straight line path. I kept waiting for that climax but it never came. It by all means is not a bad movie, I think I was just looking for more excitement and drama in the movie that it did not have.

Comment and let me know what you thought of the movie if you thought it was good or you had the same letdown feeling that I had,

No comments:

Post a Comment