Saturday, December 4, 2010

It’s The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

 

 

christmas-music

 

I think it is a little obvious but I love love the Holiday season.  It is my favorite time of the year.  I love the holiday spirit, I love Christmas movies, I love giving gifts and most importantly I LOVE CHRISTMAS MUSIC!  While on Black Friday everyone is excited out looking for good sales I am most excited to listen to Christmas music.  I am the person who does not listen to Christmas music before Thanksgiving.  Christmas music can be played on the ride home from Thanksgiving or after your pies are finished but not before.  Then during the Christmas season I do not listen to any other music besides Christmas music.  So popular music is put on hold until the holiday season is over.

Every year for my friends I put together a Christmas CD together.  It has been a way for me to give something to my friends and not having to spend a arm and a leg on gifts.  It has become a tradition and been exciting because people are actually looking forward to their new Christmas CD. (but I guess at the same time it puts pressure on me to make a good CD)

So I thought it was time for me to spread some Christmas cheer to you and give you some suggestions of some Christmas music for your to listen to.

This is a long list so prepare yourself! (They are not in any particular order)

1. I’m Dreaming of a White Christmas – The Drifters (How could you not recognize this song from Home Alone)

2. Rocking Around the Christmas Tree – Peggy Lee (another classic scene from Home Alone)

3. Run Run Rudolph- Chuck Berry

4. Happy Holidays- Andy Williams

5. It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas – Johnny Mathis

6. Winter Wonderland –Andy Williams

7. Have yourself a Merry little Chirstmas- Frank Sinatra

8. Step into Christmas – Elton John

9. The Christmas Song – Nat King Cole

10. Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer- Burl Ives

11. Don’t save it all for Christmas Day – Celine Dion

12. Happy Christmas – David Cook

13. Silent Night- Taylor Swift

14. Let it Snow- Michael Buble

15. This Gift – 98 Degrees

16. O Holy Night – Josh Groban

17. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays – Nsync

18. Merry Christmas Baby – Hanson

19. Santa Clause is Coming to Town – Bruce Springsteen

20. Last Christmas – Glee Cast

21. Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) – U2

22. Very Merry Christmas Dave Barnes

23. All I Want for Christmas is You - Mariah Carey

24. Christmas All Around – Billy Mack (Love Actually)

25. I’ll be Home for Christmas – Kristin Chenoweth

 

Hope you enjoy!

-Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment