Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Good grief as Charlie Brown would say. I do not think I will be able to outblog my fellow blogger, Emily! I am not that good with the Photo Shop!

Anywho, pretty much like Emily, I love GOOD television and am a huge movie buff! Although I am a fan of current movies, I adore classic movies! Sure, classic movies might portray a more idealized and unrealistic world, but there is something nice about that. In the 1930s and 1940s during the Depression and then World War II, movies provided an escape from a rather cruel world. Plus, it's hard to resist Cary Grant's charm, Bogie's suave, Jimmy Stewart's everymanness, Gene Kelly's masculinity, Grace Kelly's beauty, Judy Garland's voice, Audrey Hepburn's grace, and Katherine Hepburn's strength. I could go on, but that would be another blog entirely!

I also am a huge sports fan (probably not as big as Emily, though!). I do not know why I am a Notre Dame fan...I have been since 4th grade! I am not Catholic; I do not have friends or relatives that went to Notre Dame; No one in my family was even a fan of Notre Dame until I started following the team! I was fortunate enough to watch my favorite team AT Notre Dame Stadium for three years during my collegiate career at Saint Mary's. I live for college football! I also am a huge tennis fan and I will always be an Andy Roddick fan despite what everyone else has against him! Gosh, that Chris Fowler has it made: grand slam tennis tourneys and college football Saturdays! With all of that said, I also follow other sports and ESPN keeps me updated on what I need to know!

So, now that I have rambled a little bit, I will give you a list of my favorites:

Favorite Current Shows: Glee, Friday Night Lights, The Office, True Blood, Entourage

Favorite Classic Shows (or retired):
Even Stevens, Growing Pains, Home Improvement, Boy Meets World, Arrested Development, The Tudors (just had its last season)

Favorite Reality Show: So You Think You Can Dance

Favorite Guilty Pleasure: 90210

Top 10 Movies: When Harry Met Sally, Singin' in the Rain, It's a Wonderful Life, Roman Holiday, The Departed, The Godfather, Steel Magnolias, Aladdin, Toy Story 1 and 3

Sports favorites: Andy Roddick, Llyeton Hewitt, Notre Dame, Indianapolis Colts, Duke basketball


And there you have it!
Erin


No comments:

Post a Comment