Hey Readers!
So, after failing to blog for nearly two months, I am now blogging just hours after my last post! WELL, it's because I forgot to mention probably the most startling, exciting, and relieving revelation of the week--Joaquin Phoenix's abandonment of his acting career as an actor to pursue a career as a rapper was all a scam! Ironically, JP's fictitious retirement from acting was probably the best acting job of his career--it was quite convincing and spanned nearly two years!
I, like many other Dave Letterman fans, remember clearly the night that he interviewed JP back in 2009. Looking back on it now, I feel absolutely foolish--something in my gut told me "This is all a big joke", but the joke went beyond Dave's interview. THE JOKE WAS BEING TOLD FOR NEARLY TWO YEARS! I was just in utter disbelief during the course of that infamous interview...and I was in the dark watching it alone because my two dorm mates were sleeping. Talk about an awkward experience. To see one of the most talented actors of his generation, albeit not the most notable, abandon acting to be a rapper? Such a waste of talent...
BUT, thank goodness it was all a lie! This week, it was revealed AFTER the release of Casey Affleck's documentary (or, now apparently "mockumentary"), I'm Still Here, that JP's seeming complete transformation was all an act. Affleck and JP claimed that they made this mockumentary because they were interested in the relationship between celebrity and the media. WELL, even if the documentary is little known amongst the American public, the subject matter and his fictitious fall certainly got noticed. Knowing the truth now, it will be interesting to see this documentary--will it be serious? Will it provide social commentary? Or, will it serve as a reprimand for the media and their obsession with celebrity?
Hopefully, JP has not ended his career by ACTING like he ended his career. He is a talented actor and now that he is back to "normal", maybe directors and studios will want JP as a part of their projects. He certainly has proved these past two years that he has the commitment to take on any role.
Tuning out,
Erin
THE CRAZY JOAQUIN PHOENIX INTERVIEW--want to feel awkward? Watch this.
JP's most recent interview with Dave! THINGS ARE BACK TO GOOD!
No comments:
Post a Comment